The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks an experienced and professional Director of Human Resources to join their team of 600 passionate and committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan. This position creates and executes HR strategies to align with business goals in a healthcare environment where growth and talent development are critical to the overall success of the organization.
As our Director of Human Resources, your passion and knowledge will develop and lead our workforce planning and talent management as we strive to become a premier healthcare provider in the region.
- Implement industry leading practices in the core HR functions of policy, compensation, benefits, staffing, recruitment, employee relations, management training, organizational development, wellness, and compliance.
- Act as a strategic business partner to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Execute company strategies through workforce planning, employment branding, candidate engagement, talent assessment, and continuous hiring process improvement.
- Drive a culture of high performance via organizational development, performance management, succession planning, and training.
- Oversee the administration of company policies and legal compliance.
SALARY/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $90,000 – $120,000 annually based on your knowledge and expertise. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefit package and relocation assistance, if needed.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS. This position requires a strategic minded professional who enjoys challenges and can develop an HR department to its full potential. The ideal candidate comes with:
- Bachelor’s Degree or SPHR/PHR Certification in Human Resources or related discipline preferred;
- 10 years’ senior level experience in Human Resources preferred;
- experience running an HR department within a large organization desired;
- background in a healthcare environment desired;
- knowledge and experience administering retirement plans required;
- HR Management experience in a unionized labor environment helpful;
- a proven track record of building relationships at all levels within an organization;
- expertise in mentoring and employee development;
- outstanding communication and presentation skills;
- strategic ability to develop efficient HR information systems and reporting (i.e. time and attendance, evaluations, job descriptions, policy management, orientation, etc.).
INTERESTED? Apply online below.