Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a part-time Patient Flow Enhancer to join their team of committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position, under the supervision of professional staff, is responsible for assisting in the direct and indirect care of patients while in our facility. This includes such tasks as cleaning, stocking, patient transport, data entry, assisting patients and families with comfort needs, patient specimen collection and completion of various paperwork.
- Monitor and restock supplies/forms needed for patient care (i.e. restock supply carts and warmers, put away sterilized instruments, restock supplies not opened/used).
- Provide patient care in a competent and collaborative manner (i.e. transports patients to pre-surgery center, IP units, etc., assist in preparing patients for procedures, insures side rails are up and call light is within reach, move patients to their room after procedures, serve as a leader in fall reduction program).
- Follow policies, procedures, directives and compliance standards established by hospital and supervising staff; report any/all concerns to RN.
- Clean room, instruments, back boards, etc. between patients, assist in the clean-up of operating room, staff room and nurses’ station, and collect data (vital signs, demographic information.)
- Maintain effective and professional communication with hospital staff, care teams, patients and their families (progress updates reasons for delay, directions, guest directions/information).
- Picks-up surgical cases and applies patient stickers to appropriate charts.
- Prepare equipment and procedures (warm-up sterilizer, daily dart tests, spore cycle, etc.)
- Use and maintain hospital supplies/equipment in a cost effective and safe manner.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $13.17 – $18.18 per hour based on years of experience. In addition, the position offers medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
WORK SCHEDULE. This is a part-time position requiring participation in the on-call work schedule.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Completion of a healthcare training program, such as for a Nursing Assistant, RN, LPN, EMT, Paramedic, Surgical Technician or Patient Care Technician.
- Previous experience in a hospital, patient care, or perioperative setting preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients, families, caregivers, and team members.
- Proficiency with computers and word processing with ability to record accurate data.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment by clicking the link below.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org