The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks full-time and part-time Phlebotomists to join their team of committed laboratory professionals in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this role is someone with exceptional customer service skills who is able to obtain and process a variety of patient samples for lab analysis and perform routine venous and capillary puncture.
This position reports to the Laboratory Manager.
- Provide direct patient care in obtaining blood specimens and collecting non-blood specimens (urine, throat and nasopharyngeal swabs, etc.) for lab testing.
- Verify/clarify physician orders, assure accuracy of demographics against registration, perform computer accessioning of samples, label samples accurately.
- Prepare specimens for reference lab dispatch and testing.
- Provide proper patient instruction and collection containers (urine, stool, etc.).
- Perform miscellaneous screening procedures such as bleeding times and sweat chloride testing.
- Document and record information concisely, accurately and completely.
- Follow policies, procedures, directives and compliance standards established by hospital and supervising staff.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $12.60 – $18.27 per hour based on knowledge and experience. In addition, this position offers medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of relevant technical program such as Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician (ASCP or ASPT), CNA, LPN, EMT, Paramedic or other directly related medical position or equivalent on-the-job training.
- 1-year clinical experience preferred.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position which includes exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence, confidentiality and compassion amongst patients, medical community, hospital staff and clinical laboratories.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to participate in the weekend and holiday rotation schedule as needed.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org